By keeping your asthma under control and creating a plan for when attacks strike, asthma doesn’t have to ruin your health.
The U.S. National Heart Lung and Blood Institute suggests that with help from your doctor, you should create an asthma action plan. It should include steps for taking medication, and what to do if symptoms worsen.
Be sure to:
- Learn about, and avoid, asthma triggers.
- Get regular medical checkups.
- Take medication as prescribed.
- Practice using inhaled medication in front of your doctor, if needed.
- Record asthma symptoms and peak flow readings in a journal to share with your doctor.
Posted: December 16, 2015
Credit: Diana Kohnle, MedicalNews, HealthDay News